The National Hispanic Business Group believes that every young person should have an equal opportunity to achieve success and fulfillment. In the Latino community, where more than a third of the population is under 18 years of age, education is essential to shaping the next generation of business leaders. Through its Scholarship Awards Program, the NHBG encourages and motivates young adults interested in careers in business and industry.
The NHBG offers scholarship for any Hispanic student who is enrolled in a two or four year College or University and is obtaining Business or a Business related degree. Newly in 2005, the NHBG has begun offering two high school scholarships for a well deserving high school senior enrolled in a private school. The scholarships that are awarded are:
- Associate Degree students may be awarded $625.00 per semester during the third and fourth semesters of their education.
- Bachelor Degree students may be awarded $625.00 per semester during the fifth, sixth, seventh and eighth semesters of their education.
- High School students may be awarded $1,250.00 for their senior year of their education
- Scholarship awards shall not exceed $2,500.00 per student based on the length of time left to complete their education at the particular college, university, or high school they are attending when being awarded the scholarship
To be eligible for the scholarship, the student must:
- Be of Hispanic heritage;
- Have successfully completed at least one half of the total number of required credits to earn his/her Business (or Business related degree) or have completed three years of their education at their high school
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale;
- Demonstrate a financial need for assistance.
If you are student and you are interested in applying for our scholarship please Click here.